IT Security Risk
THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE AGAINST CYBER ATTACKS/SECURITY
The greatest risk of at IT system being “hacked” arises from human failing. Poor password systems and controls, inadequate security procedures and “out of date” software are just a few of the reasons why hackers are allowed to get access to an IT system and, more importantly, the information contained in it. In many cases the personal and private information that has been released into the public domain has had such negative reputational effect that the business has closed down.
According to research, one of the reasons why businesses fail is a failure to market on-line. In an age where “Google” is a verb, if you are not marketing on line then you are not selling as much as you could be. So internet marketing is a both an opportunity and a threat, a threat from being “hacked”. As “hacking tools” become more readily available and more efficient, the size of business target is also coming down. SME’s are now targets, particularly those that hold sensitive and confidential customer information.
The Omni Risk IT Security assessment tool will identify any weaknesses in business IT security processes. It will also identify any potential exposure to breaches of IT security and, if there are, they can be rectified before it becomes too late.”
According to the Clearswift Insider Threat According to the Clearswift Insider Threat Index (CITI), 78% of all Information Technology (“IT”)
breaches originate from within an enterprise.
So how do you know if an enterprise is exposed to Cyber threats or risks? Most enterprises only
discover these threats or risks once they materialize and by then, it is generally too late, with the
inevitable consequences of:
- Loss of enterprise value
- Loss of jobs
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of data which could be time consuming and costly to re-build.
Introducing the OMNI CYBER RISK ASSESSMENT, a Cyber risk assessment designed to determine if an enterprise is exposed to any threats or risks that might arise from:
- Poor Governance practices
- Information Technology (“IT”)
- Policies that are either not enforced or not-existent.
- Is the enterprise exposed to threats by allowing remote access to the IT system?
- What about threats that might arise from people that use the enterprise IT assets
- Is the policy enforced and how easily can passwords be “hacked”?
What will the OMNI INTEGRITY RISK ASSESSMENT report?
- A Total Risk Score that takes into account:
- The enterprises assessment of its Cyber capabilities;
- Independent verification of enterprise Cyber policies, processes and procedures;
- Any history of losses from risks and threats.
- The total risk score is reported in the format used by ISO 31000 (www.iso.org).
- Recommendations for improvement.
- And most importantly “PEACE OF MIND”
Who should use the OMNI Cyber Risk assessment
- Businesses to assess their Cyber threat – no matter what size
- Insurance Brokers – Offered to customers with policies
- Insurance Companies
FOR PEACE OF MIND
Mobile: +64 (0)21616651
Phone – 0800 666446