Off-site visit risk Assessment Tool
OMNI RISK has developed an on-line risk assessment tool that assesses the risk(s) to a person or people who undertake “off-site” visits. The tool was initially developed for Government agencies to assess risk on behalf of Investigators/Case managers etc.
The Risk assessment has the duel advantage of identifying potential risks for the “agent” in attending a location plus ensuring that the “Employer” has taken all reasonable steps to protect their employee or contractor under Health and Safety Legislation.
The online assessment can be completed in 6 – 8 minutes and report generated immediately.
The risk assessment itself – Essentially the assessment measures the risk associated with the person being visited and takes into account the following factors:
- Profile of the person.
- Known or suspected issues or matters relating to the building and /or persons to be visited.
- Reason for the visit (does it have the potential to be or become confrontational in any way, is the visit announced or unannounced (a cold call) etc.
- What is known about the specific address and the general location at which the visit will take place?
- What other people are expected to be at the visit address and a profile and background of those people.
- Environmental factors associated with the visit itself (when, where, time, presence of dogs, criminal activity etc).
- History of any previous visits and any previous on-site meetings with the person.
WHO USES THIS TOOL:
- Lone workers
- Case managers
- Real estate agents – especially in rural areas
- Property managers and maintenance workers
- Loss adjusters and assessors
- The risk assessment report – Risk is assessed using the ISO 31000 risk matrix which has 5 levels of risk (insignificant, low, medium, high, critical). The assessed level of risk is then matched against the organisations risk appetite to determine how the visit should proceed (is the risk at a level where a single person is appropriate, does it require more than a single person or should the assessment be referred to another more experienced person for a decision or is the risk so high that it is “No go”).
- A post-visit report which records all significant variations between the assessment and the actual visit.
- Automatic referral (within the tool) to a supervisor where the assessed level of risk exceeds a pre-determined threshold.
- The ability of a supervisor to modify the conditions of a visit which are automatically referred back to the initial user.
- Supervisor/manager audit/report functionality (horizontally between users and vertically by individual user).
- Storage of all data in a Tier 3 (or above) data storage facility (e.g. Datacom) approved by the user organisation.
- Previous assessment search functionality. This provides functionality to search previous assessments for both a client and related parties.
SAMPLE RISK MATRIX REPORT
The assessment can link to a GPS which sets a GEO fence around the location and monitors when
you enter and leave.
FOR PEACE OF MIND
Mobile: +64 (0)21616651
Phone – 0800 666446